‘He should be banned’: Fans react to Shebeshxt’s ‘drinking and driving’ video
Controversial rapper Shebeshxt is trending after his alleged drinking and driving video made the rounds online.

Barely a day after buying a new car controversial rapper Shebeshxt is making headlines for the wrong reasons.
On 7 December, social media was abuzz with congratulatory messages after the rapper took to social media to show off his new Golf 8 R, which is worth around R1 million.
SHEBESHXT’S DRINKING AND DRIVING VIDEO TRENDS
This is arguably his third purchase of the year after damaging some of his cars in a string of accidents.
Shebeshxt’s third purchase comes months after he was involved in a fatal accident that claimed her daughter on the R37 road near Smelters Mine outside Polokwane.
Earlier this year, he bought a new Golf after he wrecked his car in a near-fatal road accident in Polokwane in January.
Against the purchase he took to social media to brag about buying the car cash.
Shebeshxt shared the invoice for the car and captioned it, “We don’t buy cars on installment. This is cash. Half a million and something. This is half a million. Check the total.”
However, against the backdrop of these accidents, he has been accused of bad driving, with many accusing him of drinking and driving.
Shebeshxt has been forced to address such damning allegations, including his last car accident.
After his recent car purchase, Shebeshxt has found himself at the centre of controversy after a video of the star seemingly drunk with a bottle of alcohol visible next to the driver’s seat cup holder of his 8 R.
The videos have sparked a heated debate online, with many accusing him of being a danger to other motorists and others of not learning from his mistakes.
However, others came to his defence, stating that it was normal to celebrate his big wins with a bottle of beer.
MZANSI REACTS
An X user commented, “He won’t survive his next accident.” Another user responded to Shebeshxt’s video, “Drinking and driving again. The death of his daughter is not that painful to him.”
Another user added. “I’ll never forgive this guy for what he did. May God do the right thing.” Popular X user @thegeopol said people should let Shebeshxt enjoy his RAF money.
He said, “Leave Shebe, guys. He’s chowing. He’s RAF funds.” After all, this is not the first time many have called out the star for speeding and reckless driving.
Irate Shebeshxt pulls off another ‘gun-firing’ stunt on stage at a pub

POLOKWANE, SOUTH AFRICA – SEPTEMBER 03: Shebeshxt at The Return Of Shebeshxt Media Launch at Park Inn by Radisson on September 03, 2024 in Polokwane, South Africa. Shebeshxt’s one-man show on September 21 marks his return to the stage following a tragic collision in June in which his daughter was killed. (Photo by Gallo Images/Philip Maeta)
Patrons at Fish Eagles Pub in Ramaphosa, near Boksburg, in Ekurhuleni, dived for cover when controversial artist Shebeshxt pulled out what looked like a firearm and fired in the air.
He allegedly shot in the air after a patron splashed him with alcohol while performing on stage at the joint two Saturdays ago.
News that the artist forced his legion of fans to take cover came to the fore when a music promoter, only identified as King Dinger, posted a video clip on a WhatsApp group alleging that Shebeshxt, real name Lehlogonolo Chauke, drew a skeng on the stage after a patron baptised him with fire waters.
“So, I booked Shebeshxt this past Saturday, and he pulled a gun on stage because someone in the crowd was splashing him with booze,” reads the message.
In the video, which we have seen, Shebeshxt could be seen performing on stage while the patron hurled a sizeable volume of alcohol at him.
The Ambulance hitmaker, who is said to be always strapped up, is seen opening what looks like a man bag and pulling out what looked like a firearm and firing banging shots into the air, leaving the crowd screaming and diving for cover.
King Dinger declined to comment.
“I cannot talk because I’m not the owner of the place; I will only speak to the media if the owner gives me permission to do so,” he said, referring Sunday World to the boss of the joint, Phuti Lester Nkoana.
Nkoana denied the allegation that the Limpopo-based hip hop artist fired a gun at his drinking hole.
“It was not a gun; I don’t know what it is because we checked the structure afterwards and we did not see any damage on it,” Nkoana said.
He said he did not ask the artist what it was that he fired in the air because no one was injured.
“We did not receive any report of any person injured. It could have been a cricket (a firecracker). They are allowed at the stadium, so they should be allowed everywhere,” he said.
If Shebeshxt pulled a gun in public in the saloon, it would be his third incident of violating the law.
A video clip of him pulling what looked like a gun and pointing it at the crowd in Polokwane early this year went viral, with legion of fans urging him to attend anger management classes because he appears to have a shot fuse.
Shebeshxt was also charged with pointing a firearm at a group of people at a village in the GaMamabolo area in Limpopo on April 10 last year.
However, the charges against him were provisionally withdrawn when he appeared in the Lebowakgomo Magistrate’s Court in October last year. Shebeshxt’s manager and wife Kholofelo Chuene said the allegations were false because the artist was not event at the event.