♌ – ROYAL AM

The bad thing that Will Happen If Nobody buys ROYAL AM from Shauwn Mkhize.

The highly anticipated sale of Royal AM Football Club was set to take place on Friday, March 14th, 2025, with bidders eagerly awaiting the announcement of the new owner.

However, despite expectations that the final decision would be communicated by 4 p.m.on Monday, March 17th, 2025, no official correspondence was received from the South African Revenue Service (SARS) curator.

David “Mazolman” Skosana, who had been representing a consortium interested in purchasing the club, confirmed that their bid of R15 million was not enough to secure ownership.

In an exclusive statement to Sowetan, Skosana shared his disappointment over the outcome, saying, “We were told we would know by 4 p.m.on Monday, but thus far we didn’t get any correspondence from the SARS curator, so it means we didn’t make it and we accept that.

” Skosana’s consortium had placed a bid of R15 million for the financially troubled club, which is currently languishing at the bottom of the Premier Soccer League (PSL) table and has not played a match since December 2024.

However, it is believed that the winning bidder offered R25 million for Royal AM.

What action Royal AM players can take over unpaid salaries | Kickoff

Royal AM’s sale was not only about the highest bidder but also about managing the debts and legal challenges that come with acquiring a financially struggling football club.

Skosana admitted that purchasing Royal AM essentially meant acquiring the club’s National First Division status, which, while valuable, also carried its own set of risks.

“We were fully aware of the situation but felt we could rescue the team.

We will keep on looking,” said Skosana, showing optimism despite the setback.

One of the major hurdles for the new owner will be dealing with Royal AM’s existing debts and the FIFA transfer ban that is still in place.

The ban, which prevents the club from signing new players, will only be lifted once the former striker, Samir Nurkovic, who now plays for SuperSport United, is paid the R15 million owed to him.

Skosana also revealed that his consortium had plans to relocate the club to KwaNdebele, a move that would have added a unique cultural and regional flavor to the PSL.

However, with the bid not being successful, these plans have been put on hold for now.

“We were planning to relocate the club to KwaNdebele, but hopefully, there will be another opportunity,” Skosana added.

Royal AM auction closed

The future of Royal AM Football Club now lies in the hands of the winning bidder.

The club, with its rich history and potential, still has the chance to turn things around, but whoever takes over will have to deal with significant challenges, including mounting debts, a transfer ban, and the club’s current relegation status in the PSL.

As the situation unfolds, Skosana and his consortium remain hopeful that there may be another opportunity to rescue the team, but for now, the focus shifts to the announcement of the winning bidder and what lies ahead for Royal AM.

The Royal AM sale saga has captured the attention of South African football fans, and the outcome will likely have long-lasting implications for the club and its future.

With the highest bid coming in at R25 million, the competition for ownership was fierce, and Skosana’s consortium’s R15 million offer, though substantial, was ultimately not enough.

As the club continues to face financial and legal challenges, only time will tell if Royal AM can rise again under new ownership.

For now, the club remains in limbo, and football fans await the next chapter in the story of Royal AM.

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://southtodayy.com - © 2025 News